Committee Meeting at Kenninghall School

Wednesday, 10th January 2024


10th January 2024 Friends of Kenninghall Primary School Committee Meeting @Kenninghall School



Gabrielle Walsh (GW) Carrie Spencer (CS) Catriona Harvey (CH) Karen Cummins (KC) Karen Staff (KST) Catherine Moore (CM) Katie Smith (KS) Harriet Waters (HW)



Fran Sewell (FS) (Julie Branford (JB) Nick Tabram (NT) Rose Whittle (RW)


  1. Previous events debrief


Went very well and all the children enjoyed the activities. School were happy with the range of activities the children could participate in and was inclusive for all ages.


Wreath Making Workshops

The workshops were held over 3 nights which was too many. The Thursday was the most successful evening being completely sold out with demand for more spaces.

There was also demand for people to make centre pieces instead of wreaths. Laura has kindly confirmed that she can hold a centre piece making evening next year as well as wreath making.

It was noted that the higher tables were a much better height and should be used again for the next workshops.

There were a lot of attendees came from the village and surrounding areas which do not have any affiliation with the school which was wonderful to see.

Laura Martin also exceptionally kindly donated 3 centre pieces for people to win. Raffle tickets were sold on the night to participants and the winners drawn by Mr Ambrose on Friday 27th November.

Total profit from the wreath making bookings £1483.79

Total profit made from the raffle £275

Total overall profit £1758.79

Christmas Disco

The school were very happy with the disco, and wouldn’t make any changes. All felt the layout of activities (colouring area/movie room/food & tattoos) worked very well and allowed all children to feel included.

Mr Ambrose requested that the only thing to change is the positioning of the van that the disco company bring is parked away from the door to enable to children to be handed to their parent/carer safer and more efficiently.

CH confirmed that I would ensure this at the time of the next booking.

It was noticed that some children were disappointed to have not received a prize, especially if they have siblings that did.

It was agreed that we will discuss prizes at the meeting in September to research possibilities of all children getting a prize and look at costings.


KS2 Carol Concert

Hot Chocolate & Spiced apple juice and mince pies were very well received. Left overs were donated to The Pantry and Norwich Open Christmas.

The school request that we keep it to refreshments being served at the end of the concert and not before or during.


  1. Upcoming Events

February Fundraiser – Bingo or Pamper Event?


It was agreed due to time frame that the February fundraiser will be Bingo “Bingo & Bubbles”

£10 a book to include a welcome glass of bubbles, bingo book plus nibbles.

Friday 9th February 7pm start, eyes down 7.30pm in the school hall.

KS advised that Ali Holman has exceptionally kindly said they will donate the raffle books.


Valentine’s Bake Sale

To be held after school on Friday 16th February on the main school playing field.

Parent donations welcomed 😊



Quiz & Chips

To be held Friday 8th March in the school hall.

Bar open 7pm, quiz start at 7.30pm with chips being served in the interval.

Mr Ambrose to be quizmaster.

£5 per ticket, max 6 person per team.

£2 for chips

Raffle tickets for sale on the night



Easter Egg Hunt & Bake Sale

Friday 22nd March after school. The children and adults really enjoyed the egg trail around the playing field and grounds. Smaller egg was a better size and able to give all children one at the end of completing the trail, even siblings who do not attend the school.

Bake sale with donations from parents and carers.


School Fete

Saturday 18th May time TBC.

CH to look into requirements for possibility of stall holders.

Bar to sell hotdogs/burgers and drinks only to drive more people to the cream tea tent.

Look at contacting locals for experiences like tractors, fire engines, police cars etc.


Sports Fundraiser

GW to contact Snetterton for possibility of sponsored bike ride.



GW asked permission to buy 2 urns as the current ones are on their way out. All agreed to this.


Next meeting to be held TBC